Pages

February and March Garden Chores

Today is February 27th, 2019... 21 days before Spring.

In February mostly covered my perennials and ornamental grasses. I checked all garden supports making sure every thing was sturdy for this years growing season.

It was warm in Texas this Winter so my rose bushes continued to grow and bud, so I had to pay a little extra care to them.

March is when everything really starts to get busy. I am pruning and fertilizing my Roses. I don't know if my Blueberry bush survived the Summer, but my grapes are doing well. I am removing weeds and because it has been so warm here I have a plenty sneaking up. There are some weeds I keep in patches because of they have health benefits ( wish I had listen more to my grandma about how to identify them). I am sowing potatoes, peas, onions, chard, and carrot's.

I am planting and dividing some of last year's flowers, especially the pollinators. I am already taking preventative measures against Aphids and other pests. Most of my herbs are planted already because I grew them inside during Winter, but I will be adding more salad greens. I'll be sowing Summer vegetables at the end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures". ~Frances Bacon

Follow on Bloglovin