Pages

What We Are Doing In April


Today is April 19th, 2018. It is the 109th day of 2018. We are 63 days away from Summer and Texas has been unusually cool for the start of Spring, which in itself is not bad unless you plan to start planting and are afraid of a late frost.

Garden chores for this month include checking on my plants that, did not survive the Winter and this may not be a fact but, it sure seemed our Winter was colder than usual and lasted a lot longer with fewer warm days in between. It can't be true though because after almost a month of non-stop rain in March we've had to mow the grass at least four times in the past month alone and while on the subject of lawns remember this is also the time for sowing and fertilizing warm season lawns (sod, plugs, or seed).

 I also thinned out plants in my garden and evaluated my overall garden design. I made a few changes to get the look I'm going for this Summer.

My roses made their usual grand entrance for the season and if I can keep them looking half as good the remainder of Summer I will be elated.



I am planting my vegetable garden in a different space. Beans, peppers, melons, squash, and such are already in the ground and looking good, but cucumbers are a little slow.

Remember to plant veggies in successive planting to keep a harvest through the entire season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures". ~Frances Bacon

Follow on Bloglovin